The greatest benefit of using fertilizer by drip-watering is the ability to bring fertilizer to the roots of the plant while watering, while also ensuring that the plant better absorbs nutrients. And there are a lot of plants that can be chosen to test fertilizer in this way, and there are plenty of fruits such as grape apples and some vegetables, including plants like wheat corn.
But when we use this approach, there are a few things we need to pay special attention to, first of all, the problem of filters. We must use filters and clean up regularly. And often go to check whether there is a leak in time for maintenance.
If there is a blockage problem, there are generally three cases, one is due to the sediment caused by the blockage, because some fertilizer will be precipitation, or the water itself is hard water, there may be more scale due to the minerals inside. The second case is physical blockage, which is most commonly caused by inadequate filtration systems. The third case is the biological blockage, which is usually because the root of the crop grows too strongly and clogs the drip hole. So the way to deal with clogging is also very simple, just figure out which situation and then according to the reasons for this situation to solve it.
Therefore, in the use of drip irrigation fertilization must pay attention to a few precautions:
- The water must be filtered, which is the key to the normal operation of the drip irrigation system. Filters should be cleaned regularly; the tail end of the drip irrigation pipe is opened regularly to rinse, usually once a month.
- Before fertilizing, turn on the switch to the fertilization area. Then dissolve the fertilizer in the fertilizer pool and start fertilizing after 20 minutes of drip irrigation. The fertilization time in each area is about 30-60 minutes, and the fertilization speed and fertilization time are adjusted by switching.
- After fertilization, drip irrigation cannot be switched off immediately and sufficient time should be ensured to flush the pipe, which is an important measure to prevent system blockage. The flushing time is related to the size of the irrigation area, drip irrigation is usually 15-30 minutes, the fertilizer in the pipe is completely discharged. Otherwise, the drophead is algae, moss, microorganisms and so on a large number of reproduction, blocking the drip head.
- Choose the fertilizer with good solubility, high nutrient content, good solubility, easy application, is the preferred fertilizer of drip irrigation system.
- Adjust the amount of fertilization appropriately. For the first time using drip irrigation belt manufacturers, the amount of fertilization on the basis of previous years to adjust, and then with a “small number of times” method of drip fertilizer.
- Often go to the field to check whether there is leakage, blocking pipe, broken pipe, cracking pipe and other phenomena, timely maintenance system.